Reprints & Permissions
Personal noncommercial use:
You may download, reformat, and print a limited amount of AmericanFolklore.net's content for your personal, noncommercial use. You may also include excerpts or limited portions of AmericanFolklore.net's information in printed memos, reports, and presentations. Please attribute this information to the author by including "Used with permission of S.E. Schlosser and AmericanFolklore.net. Copyright 20__. All rights reserved."
You may link from another site to AmericanFolklore.net's online content, including navigation pages, retold folktales, and audio clips.
- Reuse and/or reposting of AmericanFolklore.net stories for noncommercial classroom use is permitted. No written permission required if you want to copy material for noncommercial educational purposes. In this case, the stories need to appear exactly as worded by AmericanFolklore.net. Be sure that appropriate copyright information is included on any copies.
- Written permission is required if you plan to use material for commercial purposes (e.g. selling or making a profit from the material by publishing it in a book, article, CD, podcast, curriculum, video, etc.; receiving an honorarium for a presentation.)
- Use of AmericanFolklore.net stories for noncommercial educational purposes is permitted. In this case, the stories should be told exactly as worded on AmericanFolklore.net and properly attributed to the author and publishing web site.
- Written permission is required if you plan to use AmericanFolklore.net material for commercial purposes (e.g. selling or making a profit from the material by publishing it in an audio CD, podcast, video, television broadcast, etc.)
Any other reproduction of AmericanFolklore.net's content requires permission from the author/publisher.
- Some forms of reproduction may require you to pay a licensing or permissions fee. All commercial uses of AmericanFolklore.net's content require author/publisher permission, including:
- Use of content in advertisements or promotions
- Use of logos
- Use of quotes, excerpts or full text of stories or audio podcasts
- AmericanFolklore.net does not allow the reposting of its online content (including audio, text, graphics, layout, and code) on a Web site or public discussion board without permission from the author.
How to get permission
- Please fill out the Reprints Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Reprints/Permission Request" in the subject line. All requests should include:
- The requesting organization's name, address, phone and fax numbers, and contact name. Page title and URL of requested material.
- Requested use for the material (e.g. book, website, presentation materials, staff education material), and whether the requester will be selling or making a profit from the material (e.g. selling a book, receiving an honorarium for a presentation, etc.).
- If applicable, the number of copies being made
In all cases, if permission is granted, stories must be reproduced in their entirety, unedited, and accompanied by the following copyright statement and credit: "Used with permission from S.E. Schlosser and AmericanFolklore.net. Copyright 20__. All rights reserved." Permission applies only to the material and use specified in correspondence. New requests should be made for subsequent use or for other uses of material.